Located Between 'The Lake District' and 'The Pennines'
Drybeck Farm Glamping holidays are situated in idyllic countryside in North East Cumbria. We are beautifully secluded on the banks of the River Eden in a little known area that nestles bewtween the Lake District and the Pennine fells. We are a short walk from the village of Armathwaite.
The nearby Carlisle-Settle railway line provides access to many attractions of the area; the Border City of Carlisle to the north and the upper reaches of the Eden Valley to the south and on to the Yorkshire Dales and ultimately the city of Leeds.
With Armathwaite having it’s own station on this famous line you can easily arrive for your stay at Drybeck by train with excellent links to the mainline stations of Carlisle on the West Coast mainline and Leeds on the East Coast mainline. We can arrange to pick you up from the station, and for a truly magical start to your holiday we can pick you up by horse and carriage.
Within easy driving distances are the attractions of the Northern Pennines, Hadrians Wall and the Borders, the Solway coast and the Lake District National Park. Alternatively you can lose yourself into the peace of Drybeck, drinking in the atmosphere and wildlife. The area is a wildlife haven with buzzards, herons, woodpeckers and kingfishers being commonly sighted. On occasion foxes, deer and even otters can also be seen.
All this combined with a pint at one or both of our 2 local pubs is sure to provide a holiday to remember.
Enjoying peace and solitude Drybeck is easily reached by both road and rail.
Reaching us by Road:
From the North:
- leave the M6 at junction 42 and follow the A6 south towards Penrith.
- After approximately 6 miles take the left turn signposted for Armathwaite.
- When you arrive at a T junction after 1 ½ miles turn right into Armathwaite village.
- In the centre of the village keep straight on towards Wetheral and after 1 mile turn right, signposted Low House and Drybeck.
- After 300 yards you will find Drybeck on the right on a sharp left hand bend.
From the South:
- leave the M6 at junction 41.
- Take the 4th exit off the roundabout signposted for Penrith and Carlisle.
- At the next roundabout take the second exit on to the A6 north towards Carlisle.
- After approximately 7 miles take the right turn signposted for Armathwaite and follow the directions as above.
We can arrange pickups from Armathwaite station on the Carlisle-Settle line, the trains on which also serve Leeds, and from Penrith or Carlisle on the London – Glasgow west coast main line.